Wednesday, March 31, 2010

Revisiting my homeland!

Well when I say homeland I mean back in Toronto for just the week!
I'm looking forward to seeing some of my friends from the past and seeing what adventures come fourth.

I'm also alittle uneasy seeing a few individuals, hesitant that it will re-open closed doorways, but I can't fear the unpredicted but simply embrace the path that comes towards me.

Day 1,
Coming back to Toronto, going to a passover dinner to celebrate with family/extended family.I was alittle unsure of what to expect. You see our family is different, we are separated from one another seeing each other maybe once or twice a year, maybe even a funeral. If I had to compare them to a certain social-group it would be of the Tribe hierarchy, especially when it comes to the Elders (1st generation)they all seem to have some sort of grudge set out towards everyone, a grudge that has lasted their entire lifetime for what reasons I do not fathom. It becomes tiring if I must put in my two cents.

The youngest generation being the (3rd generation) are used like pawns in a war that seems like it has no end. All sense of diplomaticism becomes extinct, who stole this, who did that. WHO gives well a fuck. (Pardon my choice of word)

However tonight wasn't as bad as the previous dinners I've been graced to attend too. However pressing topics always seem to come up, especially ignorant topics by few individuals in this world who sadly are the reason why our social groups are made to stand out, named and alienated from the social norms of society. People have the potential to be smart and learn from the world, but yet be so stupid. I don't believe in referring to people as being stupid, but man how dull can you get when you discuss certain topics. Sex/Religion/Sexual Orientation/Politics of course you're entitled to your own opinion, and a opinion that can be freely expressed but only to a certain extent of when it starts to become hostile. Who are we as people to judge? I simply don't, I embrace life for what it offers...I just don't go looking for the greener patch of grass in the yard.

Points to ponder I assume, points that will probably stick with me for as long as I breathe. But I'll leave you all with this, if you could change something about our whole social structure, our sense of hierarchical groups which classifies what it means to be part of the whole term of "Social Norms" in our society. What would you change in regards to peoples views on "Sex/Religion/Sexual Orientation/Politics" how would you exercise a more efficient, clean outlook and more welcoming way to the sort of life styles people choose to live?

Julian Manna

No comments: